Senior Category Buyer
- You build and maintain an international network of reliable and financially stable suppliers for multiple product categories with global supply to our different facilities.
- As a 'hunter', you are constantly looking for the activation of new supplier markets to enable competitive overall advantage.
- You prepare strategic analyses thoroughly and you monitor industry markets closely. You assist in defining our global sourcing footprint and purchasing strategy.
- You develop good relationships with cross-functional multidisciplinary project teams throughout our different sites.
- You participate in projects to support timely new product introductions and business growth.
Total Cost of Ownership
- You continuously strive to lower our total cost and optimize the entire value chain.
- In addition, you ensure compliance with our global purchasing procedures and vendor business principles.
- You ensure consistent adherence to optimal delivery service, product quality, safety and environmental standards by implementing service level agreements and by a good supplier performance management approach.
- In case of structural operational problems, you take the lead to ensure sustainable solutions.
- You will report to the Global Purchasing Manager.
- For this important key position, we are looking for a Master's degree in (electro)mechanical or commercial engineering.
- You have 5 years of relevant experience in the international purchase of technical goods.
- You have good networking skills and the ability to build up relations.
- You have strong analytical skills that you combine with tactical insight.
- You are a thorough negotiator with a good understanding of business.
- Driven to achieve results, you strive for long term win-win situations.
- Travel (15%) does not deter you and you are used to negotiate in English.
- We offer a challenging job with responsibility and impact.
- You follow a customized internal and external training programme.
- You will join an international and innovative company where people can grow.
- You will receive an attractive salary package
- We provide 20 vacation days and 9 ADV days based on a full-time contract.
- Home work is possible.
- Sliding work hours and working in a traffic jam-free environment provide an optimal work-life balance.